[ngg_images source=”galleries” container_ids=”12″ display_type=”photocrati-nextgen_pro_horizontal_filmstrip” image_crop=”0″ image_pan=”1″ show_playback_controls=”1″ show_captions=”0″ caption_class=”caption_overlay_bottom” caption_height=”70″ aspect_ratio=”1.5″ width=”100″ width_unit=”%” transition=”fade” transition_speed=”1″ slideshow_speed=”5″ border_size=”0″ border_color=”#ffffff” override_thumbnail_settings=”1″ thumbnail_width=”120″ thumbnail_height=”90″ thumbnail_crop=”1″ ngg_triggers_display=”always” order_by=”sortorder” order_direction=”ASC” returns=”included” maximum_entity_count=”500″]
Compressors serve the needs of the many industry segments including petrochemical, industrial gases and natural gas production.
Lubrication of compressors presents particular challenge:
- There are many different compressor types and applications (various process gases, compression ratios, etc.) with distinctive lubricant functions and formulations required.
- Stationary dynamic compressors pose a challenge when one lubricant delivery system delivers the same lube oil to bearings and gears which may have different lubricant requirements.
- Compressor operating conditions can be severe. In addition to heat and water condensation, many compressor applications have process air migrating into the lubricant creating new, accelerated degradation pathways.
- The right oil analysis tools are often not used. Membrane Patch Colorimetry (ASTM D7843) is a key to trending the oil’s deposit tendency and the RULER™ test (ASTM D6971) monitors the health of arguably the most important additive components in compressor oil formulations.
A common failure mode of lubricants used in compressors is the formation of varnish and sludge. Fluitec has performed dozens of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) projects on compressor oil deposits. We have identified several unique failure mechanisms that are not seen in other rust and oxidation inhibited (R&O) oil applications. These unique degradation chemistries often require a different technology to properly condition the fluid. Fluitec’s Electrophysical Separation Process (ESP) technology is customized to treat the specific chemistry of soft contaminant in your application. ESP is the only varnish mitigation offering available that provides a customized solution.
Fluitec Oil Reservoir Management (FORM)
How does FORM work ?
Our FORM program is designed to remove the stress of lubricant management in your compressors. We install a dedicated contamination control system on your compressor with the ability of removing dirt, water and varnish. Then, we take over your oil analysis program and apply predictive analytics and statistical analysis techniques to extract more value out of your monitoring program.
The benefits of the FORM program are numerous including:
- Doubling the life of your lubricants
- Removing the requirement for capital outlay
- Ensuring maximum lubricant performance and no unplanned outages due to varnish or contamination
- Using a predictive model to better understand machine condition and lubricant condition
- Performing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on lubricants that are failing prematurely
- Accessing a world-class team of experts managing the condition of your lubricants
Lubricants are a critical, yet invisible part of your operation. Our FORM program allows you to focus your resources on production while we focus on lowering your lubricant cost and ensuring that there’s no interruption to your production.
Contact us today to learn how you can us improve your compressor reliability through Fluitec’s knowledge and expertise.